A Timeline For Your Event At Our Philadelphia Wedding Reception Site
Selecting The Rittenhouse as your Philadelphia wedding reception location
is but one of the many important aspects of planning your ceremony. A
myriad of duties and considerations factor into your special day,
and the pressure can be dizzying. Allow the staff at our Philadelphia
wedding reception site to help you map out your celebration - and ease
your stress -- with an effective wedding checklist. Everything is addressed,
including budgets, food and beverage, transportation, and accommodations.
Six Months to One Year Ahead:
Four to Six Months Ahead:
- Set your budget
- Choose Ceremony and Reception Locations
- Compile guest list and organize addresses
- Choose a Band
- Choose a Florist
- Choose a Photographer and Videographer
- Choose your Attendants
- Book your officiant
- Plan your honeymoon
- Send "Save the Date" cards, if using. Send hotel reservation notices with save the date.
- Register for gifts
- Shop for your wedding dress
- Set up room blocks at hotels for out-of-town guests
- Book rehearsal dinner venue
Two to Four Months Ahead:
- Arrange for wedding day transportation
- Order stationary, including thank you notes
- Purchase wedding rings
- Purchase or reserve groom's attire
- Choose your attendants attire
- Choose gifts for the wedding party
- Book your hair stylist and make-up artist
One to Two Months Ahead:
- Discuss food and beverage details with your catering manager and plan your tasting.
- Discuss ceremony/service
- Send invitation envelopes to calligraphers. Schedule time to mail invitations approximately 6-8 weeks prior to wedding.
- First dress fitting
Two Weeks Ahead:
- Have programs printed
- Obtain your marriage license
- If you intend to change your name, prepare the necessary documents
- Try out hairstyle and make-up
One Week Ahead:
- Final dress fitting
- Begin creating your seating plan
- Inform caterer of guest count
One Day Ahead:
- Finalize seating plan
- Pick up dress
- Confirm details with cater and sign-off on catering documents
- Confirm honeymoon itinerary. Make photocopies of passports and give your relatives your itinerary in the case of an emergency.
- Pack for your honeymoon
Your Wedding Day:
- Manicure and Pedicure
- Confirm transportation arrangements
- Rehearse ceremony
- Hold rehearsal dinner, distribute gifts to wedding party.
- Prepare gratuity and payment envelopes and arrange for someone to distribute.
ENJOY EVERY MOMENT!
Click here for more Facts & Things To Know about Your Special Day at The Rittenhouse.
No matter how you envision your ceremony, The Rittenhouse offers a five-diamond commitment to service and
luxury. To request more information or reserve space for Philadelphia weddings, send an email to Lori Maslowski,
Director of Catering at
Click here for a printer-friendly version