Top things to do in Center City Philadelphia
From the historic green space of Rittenhouse Square to the elegant 18th-century row homes in dramatic contrast to the towering skyscrapers, Center City Philadelphia is a dynamic urban core with a rich history and lots of local color. Walk the tree-shaded streets lined with stunning architecture, hip restaurants and bars, shops, theaters and cultural attractions that create an alluring vibe and an unforgettable travel experience.
Located in Philadelphia’s Center City, The Rittenhouse is the perfect starting point for sightseeing tours and adventures in the City of Brotherly Love. Here are some fun things to do in Center City recommended by our concierge.
- Chinatown – Walk through the Chinese Friendship Gate into Chinatown, on 10th and Race streets, with food and souvenir shops, martial arts studios, and authentic restaurants serving Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai, and Cambodian cuisine.
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts – With its stunning Victorian Gothic architecture, this amazing museum showcases an impressive collection of American art including famous works by Winslow Homer to Andrew Wyeth.
- Barnes Museum – One of Philadelphia’s newest cultural hubs, the fantastic museum features collections ranging from European and American masters of impressionism to Pennsylvania German decorative arts, Native American textiles, metalwork, and more.
- Reading Terminal Market – This National Historic Landmark is Philly food heaven. Just below the Reading Railroad’s 1891 train shed, the sprawling market has over 75 food stalls and arts and crafts shops. Sample Philadelphia’s tastiest cheesesteak, snapper soup, or nibble on Greek, Mexican, Thai, and Indian cuisines.
- Comcast Center – Philadelphia’s tallest building, Comcast Center features an upscale food court, a high-end Italian restaurant and steak house, and an outdoor café. See The Comcast Experience, a massive HD video wall in the “winter garden” lobby.
- Rittenhouse Square – Philadelphia’s historic town square and urban green space, Rittenhouse Square is lined with trendy restaurants, shops and nightspots. Sip cocktails under the stars and enjoy the serenity of the natural landscape from a park bench or candlelit outdoor tables.