Shopping in Philadelphia
What to Buy Around Rittenhouse Square
Comprising everything from renowned luxury labels to acclaimed local boutiques, shopping in Philadelphia supplies an endless array of choices. Our city was recently recognized by Condé Nast Traveler as the #2 best shopping city in the world, thanks to the diverse array of shops and specialty stores -- many of them in Center City. The scenery of Rittenhouse Square is set against a backdrop of one of the best shopping districts of any US city, with high-end and mid-market shops surrounding the beauty and bustle of the park.
With the majority of small shops, boutiques, outlets and luxury retailers in Philadelphia concentrated along Walnut Street, you can plan on a casual afternoon's worth of browsing through new finds, old favorites, and everything in between. Many stores are housed in stunning, beautifully preserved Art Deco buildings, so your browsing will be even more of a visual experience.
Shopping in Philadelphia Near The Rittenhouse Hotel:
- Anthropologie - 1801 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Boyds - 1818 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Joan Shepp - 1811 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Macy's - 1300 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- ellelauri - 114 S 19th St, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Brooks Brothers - 1513 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Cole Haan - 1600 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Nicole Miller - 200 S Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Sophy Curson - Sansom St, Philadelphia, PA 19103
For those seeking designer wares in an institution long beloved by Philly fashionistas, head into Joan Shepp and find the latest collections from Ann Demeulemeester, Sonia Rykiel, Comme Des Garcons, and other avant-garde stars. Further north, the shops of Liberty Place offer a Bloomingdale's outlet, J. Crew, and an observation deck to take in the sweeping Philly skyline.
Any time of year is bound to bring a one-of-a-kind visit to Philadelphia. In spring and summer, Rittenhouse Square itself is home to a Farmer's Market, boasting regional fare and artisan goods, and during the winter, nearby Love Park hosts a wonderful Philadelphia Christmas Village, complete with gifts and products from around the world. Stay with us, and find everything you've had on your list and more.